Western Carolina Hunter Pace & Trail Ride Series
Series Standings at February 17th, 2019
Reported by: Jan Smith
This has not been a good year for the Western Carolina Hunter Pace Series with five events already having been cancelled! 2019 is looking a little better and will hopefully continue to improve weather wise so that we can all get out and ride together more.
After four of what we hope will be twelve events for the 2018-19 Western Carolina Hunter Pace & Trail Ride Series, there are ties all down the line, leaving the current standings as follows:
Total # Riders: 262
Field Hunters: 101
- Jessica Ames andRebecca Tolson are tied in First Place with 24 Series points at this time.
- Karolin Eichler has 19 points for Second Place at this writing.
- Debbie Croft, Diane Hicks are in Third with 18 Series points apiece.
- Amy Christensen has 15 points to date for Fourth Place.
- Christina Goen and Emily Mitchell have earned 14 points for Fifth Place at this time.
- Stacy Calvert and Linda Plummer are currently tied in Sixth Place with 13 Series points each.
- Beth Fiszer, Marcia Headrick and Richard Neel have each earned 12 points to date for Seventh Place.
- Nicola Deines and Tim Giles are currently tied in Eighth with 11 Series points each.
- Gabrielle Grubic, Katie Martin, and Maria Oglesby have earned ten points apiece for Ninth Place at this writing.
- Amanda Aiello, Erin O’Dwyer, Ashley Oliver, and Hyland Sheffron are tied in Tenth with nine points each at this time.
- Bertie & Mike Axelrod, and Jennifer Pagano are close behind with eight Series points.
- Claire Moore and Elise Rogers have each earned seven points to date.
- Martha Hall, Sara Jackson, Jules Porter, Peter Shanahan, and Jacqueline Wasniewski are tied with six points each.
- Dorothy Bayer, Thomas Eizembor, Beth Kelley, and Stephanie Wanicka each have five points earned.
- Candice Carr, Anna Davis, Carrie Nicholson, Maddie Rogers, Emma Skelton, Samantha Vaugh, Faith Wanicka, Aileen Wawrzaszek, and Beau Willard have earned four Series points apiece.
- Lucy Hooper and Taylor Reed have each earned three points at this writing.
- Two points have been earned to date by: Jane Barrett, Brandon Blankenship, Jacklyn Bonner, Samantha Cason, John Chatterton, Lydia Cox, Nora Claire Croft, Anita Crouse, Anna Dalton, Ella Davis, Mary Farnell, Jonte Fischer, Caprice Fullam, Jenny Gardner, Sara Gibbens, Alex Goirs, Joy Griffin, Susan Haldeman, Lacey Hannu, Susan Haslam, Desiree Hill, Donald S Jeffers, Megan Jornigan, Ella Kepple, Abby Kluge, Anna LaVigne, Amanda McDonald, Gena Meredith, Cynthia Milligan, Holly Mitchell, Catherine Mooneyham, Paula Moore, Alex Mottershead, Lynn & Ted Owen, Neil Parnes, Jennifer Perkins, Susan Russell, Alison Saari, Daniel Short, Vickie Smith, Kirsten & Tom Stanley, Paulette Stevens, Andrea Stoll, Patt Tarr, Jenny Taylor, Jessica Thomas, Gail Thompson, Faith Wanicka(2nd Ride), Allen Wawrzaszek, and Jillian Woolridge.
- One attendance point was earned by David Raley.
Trail Riders: 161
- Diane Wilson retains her early lead with 20 Series points at this writing.
- Laura Hendley has moved up to join Leslie Shealy in Second place with 19 points earned to date.
- Carol Callahan & Jennifer Wilson are currently in Third Place with 18 Series points at this writing.
- Carrie & Olive Wilsey are in Fourth with 17 Series points apiece.
- Dawn Harrison, Rich Putnam, and Lacy Westle, are in Fifth Place with a current count of 15 points.
- Kelly Cannon is currently in Sixth with 14 Series Points.
- Missy Bright has 12 points for Seventh Place at this time.
- Bobby Turner is close behind in Eighth with 11 points earned to date.
- Nancy Anderson, Kathe Burklow, Janet Burzlaff, Lauren McRae and Olynda Stretcher are tied in Ninth with ten points apiece.
- Kathy Bucks, Caren Crane, Nancy Klouda and Emily Wilson are sharing Tenth Place honors at this time with nine points apiece.
- Demetrio Alvarez, Elizabeth Lister, Jamie Roof, Ella Grace Skipper, and Emily Zuo have earned eight Series points apiece.
- David & Jeanne Ahrenholz have earned seven points at this writing.
- Chris Cannon, Valaria DeVine, Judy England, Lynn Fitch, Debbie Knebel, Boots Plyler, Heather Sarrer, Jennifer A Smith, and Emily Wojcik have each accumulated six Series points at this time.
- Olivia Wilson as earned five points to date.
- Tara Boyce, Pam Burrows, Benay Daniel, Jill Davis, Christine Holm, Calisa Hughes, Lisa Kotallik, Janet Leatherwood, Ronnie Mann, Kathleen Nebel, Kaleigh Pickron, Annette Spencer, Yasmin Straitiff, Cheryl Thorp, Stacie Wadsworth, and Sherry Wyatt have earned four points apiece to date.
- Gail Ford, Taylor Hyte, Cindy James, Brandy Johnston, Kaleigh Porter, Madison Shamis, Suzanne Stettler, Braelyn Williamson and Cindy Wilson have each earned three points at this writing.
- Two Series points have been earned by: Katheryn Alders, Becky Baucum, Alexis Botchie, Carrie Britt, Karen Brockway, Darleen Bullock, Jerrica Clark, Dawn Clhrergen, Cindy Clifton, Katelynn Cooper, April Crawford, Anna Dalton, Jennifer Evans, Ann Fratcher, Carla Fullam, Jenna Gillespie, Deana Gilliam, Kayla Gonzalez, Kimberly Hannu, Andrew & Sydney Henson, Sally Herring, Desiree Hill, Yana Hills, Jana Hinely, Joy Hudson, Nikki Hynes, Jen & Kate Keilman, Michelle Klopp, Kaitlyn Kubiak, Sarah Lawing, Arlene Lulavage, Anna Mallen, Zoe Marshall, Abby Mason, Michelle & Nicole Mayakis, Cassie McCurry, Reed & Roanne McNutt, Bridget & Dorothea Mercer, Mallie Merck, Karen Merrill, Marianne Moore, Jessica Nelson, Tracie Parker, Sarah Plyler, Jessica Porsnia, Allison Rhyne, Wendy Schonfeld, Paul Sloan, Jan Smith, Jennifer R Smith, Sheila Smith, Teresa Snyder, Abigail Sommerville, Carol, Kristen & Tom Stanley, Alama & Ariel Steele, Clare Summers, Emily Thomas, Josie Thompson, Lenore & Leslie Threlkeld, Morgan Watson, Emma Whitaker, Jenna Wilson, Tori Wofford, and Autumn Wooten.
- One attendance point apiece has been earned to date by Michelle Abel, Paula Baran, Jane Barrett, Anna Bowling, Grace Buchena, Laurin Buckner, John Chatterton, Norah Daniel, Kat Dooley, Julie Frederick, Isis French, Tot Goodwin, Cindy Hansult, Dana Kind, Nancy Lucas, Hope Malkan, Leslie Martin, Abby Masa, Connie Moore, Anne & Richard Pierce, Haileigh Pruitt and Elizabeth Winegar.
We look forward to seeing you at the upcoming events. Mark your calendars and ride with us at the Cannon Equine Hunter Pace on Sunday, February 24th, which will be followed by the Windridge Farm Spring Hunter Pace & Trail Ride on Sunday, March 10th. The next up will be the Green Creek Hounds Spring Hunter Pace on Sunday, March 24th followed by the Tryon Hounds Spring Hunter Pace on Sunday April 7th. We’ll then take a short break for Easter.
Events will pick back up on April 27th with the SC Upstate Equine Council at Clemson and continue straight thru early June, so be sure to check the schedule and come play with us!!
Always remember to check the website WCHPace.org for all upcoming events, news, articles, photos, placements and contact information.
Thank you to our photographer, Lou Smith, for being at every event to capture the riders and their mounts as they fly over jumps, canter through the fields and enjoy the beautiful area trails. Hit “Photo Store” on the website to view the pictures. If you like, you can place an order online, or just enjoy them.