Western Carolina Hunter Pace & Trail Ride Series
Series Standings at October 15th, 2018
Reported by: Jan Smith
After two of the sixteen scheduled events of the 2018-19 Western Carolina Hunter Pace & Trail Ride Series, there are ties all down the line, leaving the current standings as follows:
Total # Riders: 155
Field Hunters: 51
- Debbie Croft, Diane Hicks & Rebecca Tolson have taken an early lead with 13 Series points apiece at this time.
- Karolin Eichler has 11 points for Second Place at this writing.
- Amy Christensen has earned ten points for Third Place at this time.
- Jessica Ames, Stacy Calvert and Tim Giles are currently tied in Fourth with nine Series points.
- Beth Fiszer is in Fifth with seven points at this time.
- Mike & Bertie Axelrod, and Katie Martin are close behind in Sixth, fittingly with six Series points.
- Dorothy Bayer is currently in Seventh with five points earned.
- Anna Davis, Christina Goen, Martha Hall, Emily Mitchell, Linda Plummer and Peter Shanahan currently share Eighth Place honors with four Series points apiece.
- Two points and Ninth Place at this time for: Amanda Aiello, Samantha Cason, Lydia Cox, Anna Dalton, Ella Davis, Nicola Deines, Thomas Eizember, Alex Goirs, Gabriella Grubic, Marcia Headrick, Desiree Hill, Ella Kepple, Amanda McDonald, Holly Mitchell, Richard Neel, Erin O’Dwyer, Maria Oglesby, Lynn & Ted Owen, Jennifer Pagano, Neil Parnes, Jules Porter, Hyland sheffron, Daniel Short, Emma Skelton, Vickie Smith, Kirsten & Tom Stanley, Samantha Vaughtn, Jacqueline Wasniewski, and Aileen & Allen Wawrzaszek.
Trail Riders: 104
- Lacy Westle & Diane Wilson have a good early lead with 15 Series points at this writing.
- Carol Callahan & Jennifer Wilson are in Second Place with a current count of 11 points.
- Missy Bright, Kathe Burklow and Kelly Cannon are currently tied in Third Place with ten Series Points each.
- Caren Crane, Nancy Klouda, and Leslie Shealy are sharing Fourth Place honors at this time with nine points apiece.
- Demetrio Alvarez, Elizabeth Lister, Jamie Roof, Ella Grace Skipper, and Emily Zuo are currently tied in Fifth Place with eight Series points apiece.
- Chris Cannon, and Carrie & Olive Wilsey have each earned six Series points to date to fittingly put them into a tie for Sixth Place.
- Benay Daniel, Jill Davis, Valaria DeVine, Dawn Harrison, Laura Hendley, Ronnie Mann, Boots Plyler, Heather Sarrer, Jennifer Smith, Yasmin Straitiff, Bobby Turner and Emily Wojcik are currently tied in Seventh Place with four points apiece.
- Nancy Anderson, Kathy Bucks, Taylor Hyte, Lauren McRae, Kaleigh Porter, Madison Shamis, Olynda Stretcher, Braelyn Williamson, Cindy Wilson, and Emily Wilson are currently in Eighth Place with three Series points each.
- In Ninth Place with two Series points each: Katheryn Alders, Becky Baucum, Alexis Botchie, Tara Boyce, Karen Brockway, Darleen Bullock, Pan Burrows, Dawn Clhrergen, Katelynn Cooper, Jennifer Evans, Lynn Fitch, Deana Gilliam, Kayla Gonzalez, Kimberly Hannu, Andrew & Sydney Henson, Sally Herring, Yana Hills, Christine Holm, Nikki Hynes, Brandy Johnston, Jen & Kate Keilman, Debbie Knebel, Lisa Kotallik, Arlene Lulavage, Abby Mason, Michelle & Nicole Mayakis, Bridget & Dorothea Mercer, Mallie Merck, Marianne Moore, Kathleen Nebel, Jessica Nelson, Tracie Parker, Sarah Plyler, Allison Rhyne, Wendy Schonfeld, Jan Smith, Abigail Sommerville, Annette Spencer, Alama & Ariel Steele, Suzanne Stettler, Cheryl Thorp, Stacie Wadsworth, Emma Whitaker, Autumn Wooten and Sherry Wyatt.
- Tenth Place and one point apiece has been earned to date by Jane Barrett, Anna Bowling, John Chatterton, Norah Daniel, Kat Dooley, Julie Frederick, Isis French, Tot Goodwin, Nancy Lucas, Leslie Martin, Abby Masa, Anne & Richard Pierce, and Haileigh Pruitt.
We look forward to seeing you at the upcoming events. Mark your calendars and ride with us at the Green Creek Hounds Halloween Hunter Pace on Sunday, October 28th, The Foothills Equestrian Nature Center (FENCE) plans their annual fall Hunter Pace for Sunday, November 18th, and the weekend of Thanksgiving is the River Valley Pony Club’s Fall Hunter Pace on Sunday, November 25th. Then we’ll finish out the calendar year with the Windridge Farm Winter Hunter Pace on Sunday, December 9th, before taking a break for the Christmas Holidays.
Events will pick back up on January 19th with the SC Upstate Equine Council at Clemson and continue straight thru early June after a short break for the holidays, so be sure to check the schedule and come play with us!!
Always remember to check the website WCHPace.org for all upcoming events, news, articles, photos, placements and contact information.
Thank you to our photographer, Lou Smith, for being at every event to capture the riders and their mounts as they fly over jumps, canter through the fields and enjoy the beautiful area trails. Hit “Photo Store” on the website to view the pictures. If you like, you can place an order online, or just enjoy them.